Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shop Updates

Well, so far this is the 10th day since I opened the second shop and I haven't had a sale yet.  I'm not too discouraged yet though.  I know it takes time to be found, and to be found by the right person.

In the meantime, it makes me feel better to be included in people's treasuries, item favorites, and shop favorites.  I already have 10 people calling my shop a favorite!  That's 1 each day!  My items have also been in 6 treasuries so far!  In comparison, my hand painted signs shop has been open for over 1 1/2 months and has 12 people calling it a favorite and items have been in only 2 treasuries.  The difference there is on Sweet Baby Mine, people are favoriting the whole shop and not specific items as much.  On the other hand, Sara's Handmades gets items favorited all the time.  Some of my items (if you add together all the sizes for the same item) have a ton of people who have chosen them as favorites!

The down side of this is that favorites don't equal sales.  However, people are marking my shops and items for a reason!  And that's a good thing!  It could be that they want to purchase later, really like it, want to show others, etc.  There's nothing bad about people liking the things you make!

Sara's Handmades has been doing a bit better!  I just got 2 sales in 2 days!  Both are for the animal themed name signs.  The funny thing is the boys' names rhyme (Brayden and Caiden) and they are both going to the same area of the country.  Actually, they will both go to the same large city, but different parts of it.  That's a pretty interesting coincidence!  It makes me wonder if it's a coincidence at all!  I may never know.

I'll post pictures once I get those signs done.  Lots of work to do at least to keep me busy!

Thanks for reading!

Sara
http://sarashandmades.etsy.com/
http://sweetbabyminebysh.etsy.com/

1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged! It can be disappointing when you open a shop and nothing happens, but try not to over-analyze it. It took me months before I got my first sale. If you're blogging and making efforts to promote, I'm sure your first sale won't be far away. :)

    ReplyDelete