Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's New Today

Well, my first news is that I finished the flower themed sample sign!  I love it!  I'm giving it to my (adult) sister, and she's really excited to get it!  Here's a photo!



My other news is that someone requested a quote on a custom item to match their baby's antique fire fighter nursery theme!  They got cute custom made bedding and want a sign to match it.  I hope I get to make it for them!  It sounds like it'll be a cute nursery!

Still waiting on the order from the lady with the rock and roll themed room.  She said it'd be about a week or so before she placed the order officially, so I'm not concerned about it yet.  I can't wait to get started though!

The animal sign I am working on for Karter should be done in a couple of days.  I'll probably be able to deliver it on Friday!  I got 3 of the letters done last night, so now I just need to do the other 3, varnish it, paint the background, and attach the cutouts and hanging ribbon. 

On another note, I found something else I'd like to do as a sample project.  I found 10" letters in a really cute font for a good price, meaning I can hand paint them and still be able to charge a good price for them!  The font is called Ravie, if anyone wants to Google it and see what it looks like!  I'm going to hang each letter by a ribbon.  They actually come with keyhole cutouts in the back so they can be hung by themselves, but I think ribbon is a nice touch.

Finally, a question for anyone willing to answer.  I have suddenly been getting spam e-mails from people who have had horrible sad lives and only need me to donate some money by giving them my credit card number or something equally stupid.  (Never believe these, by the way.  They're taking people's money and running with it.  I got 2 today that were exactly the same except the name of the "person" sending it was different.)  This has never happened to me before, and I'm wondering if it's from Twitter or from here.  I'm guessing Twitter, because it seems like there are a bunch of shady people on there and it would be easy to collect e-mail addresses from people you don't know and spam them.  I'm taking my e-mail off of there and telling people they can message me if they need more info to see if that helps.

Sara
http://sarashandmades.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment