Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another Day

I finished up the design painting on the animal sign for Karter!  I decided I didn't like the elephant footprints on the letter for the elephant, so I looked up "elephant print" on Google image search and found a pattern!  Aparently Nike sells shoes with that pattern...  I thought it was pretty fitting for my design, so I tried it and loved how it turned out!  I hope my buyer likes it!  Of course, I'll offer to change it to the footprints if he wants, but I don't think he even saw a photo of what I do for an elephant letter.  I'm still hoping to get it finished tomorrow night so I can deliver it on Friday.  I'll post a few pictures once it's done!

I know I said I was going to talk about my survey taking experiences on this blog too, but I just don't feel like it fits well with the tone of this blog.  So I've decided to start a second one focusing on surveys and other ways of making money at home, and I'll leave this one with just updates on running my store and the things I learn there.  I'll post a link to it once I get it up and running!

Speaking of learning, last night I read some articles about taking better photos, and I' excited to learn more!  I read about adjusting things like the white balance and exposure value on the camera and did some practice with it.  I just bought a Sony Cyber Shot H55 earlier this year and have been enjoying getting used to it.  It seemed like the photos I took while adjusting these settings didn't make the photos better (acutally, they were worse), but I feel like it will help out a ton once I really figure them out. 

I also started thinking about ways to get things lighted correctly.  Right now I don't have a wall to hang the signs on that gets good enough light, so I've been placing them on a blanket on top of my coffee table and pushing it against the glass slider door to the deck to get some natural light on them.  That seems to be working the best, and I'm guessing it'll be even better once summer comes and the light is stronger.  So many days are dark and overcast now!  I can't wait for spring!

Thanks for reading!

Sara
http://sarashandmades.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment