Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Line of Baby Shower Items?

I have had so much fun with making new things since the last time I wrote!  I decided to start making the cupcake onesie and washcloth sets I have had in the back of my mind for awhile!  Here's some photos of how they turned out!


Aren't they SO cute?!  It makes me want to give nothing but these for baby showers from now on!  Each "cupcake" is a onesie wrapped up with a washcloth surrounding it.  They're even packaged in a cupcake box!  I can't wait to see how they sell!  These sets even have a hidden 5th onesie surprise underneath the cupcakes! 

Some of the other baby shower gift sets I want to do are thing like burp cloths and spoons wrapped to look like suckers and shaped into a bouquet, and diaper cakes, which are absolutely adorable!

As far as my letters and signs, I don't have any new orders yet.  There seem to be several people who want them, but just haven't gotten around to ordering yet.  And then there are a few people who contacted me asking if I could do a specific theme and after I tell them yes, I never hear from them again.  Strange.  Oh well.  What can you do?

I have been working on my 10" letters a little bit.  I have one started with a space theme that is the same idea as my space themed sign.  I plan to have that one done tomorrow to list on Monday during the day.  I've been researching what other people seem to think is the best day to list in Etsy's forums, and quite a few people seem to say Monday.  So we'll try it and see!  The other letter I've started is a ladybug theme.  That one is taking awhile because I'm making it striped, and I have to wait for each one to dry completely soI can tape over it to do the next stripe.  Painter's tape works wonders for making a straight line!  Such a life saver!  That one will probably be a few days, so maybe I'll be able to list it Wednesday.  Then for my other two samples of the 10" letters I am doing a lavender letter with butterflies and flowers in bright spring colors, and a monkey theme with greens and browns.  I'm excited to show them off once they're done!

I also came up with some new ideas.  I was thinking about ways to accomodate longer names, because my sign boards only fit up to 7 letters, and that's pushing it to be honest.  So I found some plaques in the right size to fit the letters perfectly.  I'm going to paint the plaques in my themes and paint the letters a solid color and put them on top, and then hang the whole thing with a ribbon.  One plaque for each letter.  I have several shapes, too!  I'll be using circles, ovals, hearts, rectangles, squares, and anything else I can find.  I will also be able to use the curly font from a couple of my other signs on these plaques, since it will be the background that is decorated!  Finally able to use a girly font!

My final thought for the name signs is to use the same letters and plaques and decoupage them with pretty scrapbook papers to coordinate with various bedroom and nursery themes and colors!  Now I'm just waiting for sales from my suppliers so I can stock up on all the goodies I need!

As always, thanks for reading!

Sara
http://sarashandmades.etsy.com/

I just love doing all these custom and exciting baby gifts!  So much fun to give, receive, and create a personalized and unique baby gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment