Thursday, March 24, 2011

Craigslist

After reading more in the forums, I decided to list on Craigslist and see how that goes. 

I heard a lot of people saying there stuff had been taken off because they gave a link to their Etsy shop though.  But then others talked about having a Craigslist listing that basically gave shop info and what they sell with links and wasn't for a specific item at all and had been doing it for months without having it taken down. 

I made my listings for 2 specific items.  One for a diaper cake and one for the animal name sign.  The sign was done first and hours ago, but I still can't find it in searches, even when I type in exactly what my title was.  The diaper cake shows up just fine now.  Wonder what's going on there.  Maybe the sign has to be reviewed before being posted?  It was the first thing I've ever listed on there, so maybe.

Ebay is definitely not working out how I had hoped.  I've only had 21 or so views so far.  And I'm pretty sure at least 4 or 5 are me.  That's alright though, because the fees on there are completely crazy!  I also haven't had any traffic come to my shop from there yet according to Google Analytics.

I'll update with how Craigslist is going once I have some more information!  Wish me luck!

Sara
http://sarashandmades.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment