Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Keeping Myself Entertained

Well, I haven't had anything going on as far as sales, so I've been reading up on ways to promote my shop and increase sales.  So far there are a few things I'm trying.

The biggest thing I've heard is to list or relist something every day.  Why?  That keeps at least one item from your shop toward the top of searches, which are unfortnately automatically organized by how new the listing is instead of search term relevancy.  I feel like this is a mistake on Etsy's part.  Yes, it should definitely be an option, but by default it should be relevancy.  For example, I typed "diaper cake" in search yesterday to help me decide where to price my diaper cakes.  The first few pages contained very few diaper cakes.  Maybe 2 or 3.  It pulled up the most recent things listed that used the words diaper or cake as tags.  Not helpful at all.  Typically when I'm searching for something, unless I'm a VERY frequent shopper, I don't care what the newest thing is.  I care about what items are most relevant to the words I put in the search box.  But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I had a ton of fun a few nights ago making more onesie cupcakes and putting together some diaper cakes!  So much fun, in fact, that I stayed up until 3 working on it!  Probably not a good idea since I knew the baby would be waking me up somewhere between 4:30 and 6:30.  Oh well.  I survived!  I just went to bed early the next couple of nights to make up for it!  Here are some photos of the diaper cakes!


Thanks for reading!

Sara
http://sarashandmades.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment